Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cherry Red For Valentines~

I'm really digin' my new rug! I love bright colors! I have several of these colors through out my house. When I decided to paint my kitchen cabinets I and thought I was going to change things up a bit...then I got this new rug and I have found out I do like the color pallet I have. I just need to freshen it up a bit! I was going to paint the rest of my cabinets white but now don't know?! I'm taking things slow!
I did paint my caninets under my kitchen sink a bright red color...here is how I did it.
Take a look at my inspiration kitchen HERE!

Kelly over at Rose Vine Cottage Two has been very helpful in my venture! Thanks Girl!

I hope you enjoy the Before and After pictures!


To get started I gave a quick sanding to my wood cabinets to take off the clear varnish.

Step 2 I did 2 coats of white Kilz primer and stain blocker (I wanted it to show when I sanded some of my red top coat to show wear)

Step 3 Painted 3 coats of my top coat {Cherry Divine by Valspar from LOWES}




Now its time for the hardware! And step back and check it out! If the color is not what you thought....its just paint. You can change it!

How do you think I did? I thought the red was to bright at first but I really like it! I'm so jazzed!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Peace,
Georgiann

9 comments:

  1. They look great and so pretty with your rug!! If you like color then you need to go with what you love (; A little bit of change can go along way!
    Hugs~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgiann! I love love this shade of red and thanks for posting the color!!! I saw your comment on Kelly's blog and had to come check you out because I too adore red! I wish hubby would agree to something like this for my island!!! I think I'll try and convince him! My first visit here so I'm off to explore!!! Have a great Valentine's Day! Sincerely, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sincerely Yours,
    Thanks for coming by!
    My main blog is The Garden Gate,this is my new blog for posting my projects and decorating. I also have a recipe blog called The Rustic Kitchen...it pretty sad as I think I only have 5 recipes on it :}
    Peace in Christ,
    Georgiann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did the right thing by just deleting the wierd comment you received. I've never gotten anything like that, but I have a few friends who have.

    Just delete and forget!

    Have a nice day!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I am so impressed that you find the time to do this with your lovely large family. I have four under six, so far, and struggle to find the time for projects like these. I'll keep struggling though because beauty is so good for the soul...and I'm on a budget! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hai Georgiann,

    You know, I love colors...
    Our home is full of colors.
    So I think to paint your kitchen cabinets is a GREAT idea.
    And RED makes me happy, and you?

    Love,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maureen~
    I love color~ I only painted the bottom 2 cabinets in front of the sinks.
    My projects have been slow going but hope to have more posttings soon!

    Thanks for stopping in!


    Have a blessed day!

    Remember my main blog is: The Garden Gate!
    I post there most often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog so I may find yours:-) I love the cabinet color! I may try that one a I have a Lowe's near me and was contemplating an old red for my old cabinets:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming by~
    Did you see my main blog? The Garden Gate is where I post most often!

    ReplyDelete